2021 Election GuideElection Candidacy Nomination and Voter Information Guide
All general membership registration from previous term (CY2019-CY2021) will expire on March 6, 2021.
Everyone MUST renew their membership by March 6, 2021 to be eligible to vote in 2021 election.
A member who pays his/her membership fee 30 days prior to candidacy nomination due date and be at least 18-years-old at the time of the election are eligible to vote. A voting member is required to show an original, valid Georgia photo identification (ID) issued by state of GA as determined by election commission.
Candidates MUST submit non-refundable nomination fee via NAG website by 3/18/2021 for election candidate consideration.
Nepalese Association of Georgia (NAG)
Election Commission 2021
Respected members and friends, Nepalese Association of Georgia (NAG),
On behalf of the Nepalese Association of Georgia, it is my pleasure to share with you all an announcement from NAG’s Election Commission 2021.
This notice is for all individuals of Nepali origin, or friend(s) who have interest in Nepal and Nepali culture/language and those who are living in the State of Georgia to be part of State organization NAG Election 2021.
Please find below/attached NAG election 2021 information and election activities along with deadlines published by the Chief Election Commissioner Mr. Janak Baral and the Election Commissioners: Dilip Baniya, Raju Thapa, Damu Dongol and Bishwa Adhikari.
NAG will conduct election of an Executive Board consisting of the following positions and would like to invite nomination for the same.
TITLE (# OF POSITION)
|Executive VP (1)||$250|
|Vice President (1)||$200|
|General Secretary (1)||$100|
|Joint Secretary (1)||$100|
|Executive Members (7)||$30|
GUIDELINES FOR ELECTION 2021
As per the authorization and request of the current NAG Executive Board, this Election Commission will hold a fair, impartial election in a healthy environment on the 18th day of April 2021 in Atlanta, GA.
Please find the guidelines outlined by the election commission:
- Membership, candidacy and voter registration:
- As per by-laws of NAG, to file candidacy, one should become a member of NAG 30 days prior to the candidate nomination date.
- For the President position; candidates need to be a NAG executive member for at least two years before filing his/her candidacy.
- Candidates can file nomination himself/herself for more than one position at the beginning; however he/she needs to withdraw from the nominations within the due date andrun for only one position. Failure to do so will automatically disqualify from all the positions in election 2021.
- To be eligible to vote, one should acquire membership 30 days prior to the candidate nomination date.
- Voting starts at 2:00 PM and ends at 8:00 PM, then the election commission will count all the eligible votes and the election results will be declared.
- Candidates are required to file nomination along with nomination fees (non-refundable) determined by the election commission.
- For voting, one should place either a (check ‘. ‘) or a (cross ‘X’) sign on the box following the name of a particular candidate.
- If a vote is casted for more than a stated number of candidates for the same position, only a vote for that position will be considered as invalid vote, the votes casted correctly for the rest of the positions will be valid.
- The vote counting will be done in a secured and confidential space where only the members of the election commission will be present.
- If needed, some rules and guidelines could be added or modified by the election commission if required. Only this election commission holds the right to make the final decision if any issue/complication arises regarding the election procedure, rules and regulations.
- Candidates and their representatives are not allowed for their campaign within the premises of the election area on the ‘Election Day’.
- Election Commission encourages everyone to renew or acquire a new membership of NAG in time to be eligible for election and elect a new effective and dynamic executive board.
IMPORTANT ELECTION DATELINES
|March 6, 2021||Voter registration due|
|March 7, 2021||Voter list publication|
|March 8 – March 12, 2021||Voter list correction|
|March 13 – March 18, 2021||Candidacy nomination due|
|March 28, 2021||Candidates meet & greet|
|April 4, 2021||Candidacy withdrawal due|
|April 10, 2021||Final candidate list publication|
|April 18, 2021||Election and vote counting, declare new executive board as a part of the New Year celebration.|
Please feel free to contact any of the election commission members if you have any questions or concerns.
NAG Election commission 2021: firstname.lastname@example.org
Janak Baral, EC Chair (email@example.com)
Raju Thapa, EC Member (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bishwa Adhikari, EC Member (email@example.com)
Damu Dongol, EC Member (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dilip Baniya, EC Member (email@example.com)
I encourage you all to be a part of NAG Election 2021 and represent and best serve our Nepalese American community in Georgia and beyond.
Chair, NAG Election commission 2021
Countdown to Election
Countdown to Registration
Important Election Datelines
MAR 6, 2021 – Voter Registration due
MAR 7, 2021 – Voter List Publication
MAR 12, 2021 – Voter List Correction due
MAR 13- 18, 2021 – Candidacy Nomination
Mar 28, 2021- Candidates Meet & Greet
APR 4, 2021 – Candidacy Withdrawal due
APR 10, 2021 – Final Candidacy List
APR 18, 2021 – Election / New Year